Ready for a GREAT dinner, full of protein, veggies AND TASTE, without the fat, oil and MSG?? I got one for you!!!! This healthy recipe is actually easy and fast. The most time consuming part is trimming the meat and cutting it into strips-that’s it! This recipe has ingredients that are ready to use for the most part. Of course we should always be eating organic food prepped by YOU, etc but in those cases when you know you need a quick healthy meal-choose this! OR just get the ingredients prior and prepare the day before.
I found this recipe in a Cooking Light Magazine and actually didn’t have to tweak it too much! That’s a surprise-just so you know, those “healthy cooking” magazines are all NOT that healthy. You almost always have to tweak them and make them healthier. I just added a few things to this recipe and voila-instant YUM! Check it out, try it and let me know how you like it!
NOTE-read through recipe first before trying it, just to allow ample time for any preparation you may need.
Serves 2 with left-overs (usually!)
Double if making for a larger family
1 lb Sirloin Steak cut into thin strips
(I get a little over a pound and trim the heck out of it)
1 Cup Frozen Shelled Edamame
5 oz Pre Cut Diced Tri-Colored Peppers
(Those of you who live in FL go to Publix and get the pre chopped peppers. It’s simple if you don’t have time to get organic and dice it. 1 package is about 8oz. Hopefully if you don’t live in FL they have this so it’s just as easy for you!)
3 Tablespoons of reduced sodium Teriyaki Baste and Glaze
(Get “Kikkoman NO PRESERVATIVES, LOW SODIUM Teriyaki Bast and Glaze”)
1 Teaspoon minced garlic
3 Tablespoons of Water
Handful of chopped scallions (if desired)
Handful of cashews (if desired)
Jasmine Rice or Brown Basmati Rice
(I love “Seeds of Change Organic Rice”. It’s pre-made rice-again easy, quick and still healthy. There is also no sodium in the package as a preservative. Taste’s great too!)
Few slices of fresh pineapple (if desired)
- Trim ALL fat from sirloin. Cut into thin strips. Lightly coat a medium non-stick skillet with cooking spray and warm over medium heat. Stir fry meat until just brown and remove meat from pan and transfer to a plate. Discard the “steak juice” otherwise known as FAT and quickly rinse the pan off and return to stovetop.
- Lower heat a little and sautee the frozen shelled edamame with the 3 tablespoons of water until heated all the way through. Don’t heat too long otherwise the water will burn off.
- Add the peppers and sautee for 2-3 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the garlic and sautee for another minute or so.
- Add in the teriyaki baste and glaze-mix well. Add back in beef and mix well. Keep on low-medium heat until meat is hot then remove from heat so sauce doesn’t burn off.
- Spoon a small amount of Jasmine or Brown Basmati Rice rice onto your plate. With a slotted spoon scoop up the beef teriyaki and serve over the rice.
- Sprinkle some scallions atop the dish, along with some cashews if desired. This helps add a nice flavor and some healthy fat to the meal.
- Garnish plate with a few slices of fresh pineapple. This looks great and pairs nicely with the dish!!
- EAT and ENJOY!